[OpenAFS-devel] sparc64-linux24

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 19:42:57 +0200 (CEST)

> I was trying to build openafs for the SuSE 7.3 UltraSPARC version(kernel
> is 2.4.14),

I have made Arla 0.35 work on Linux 2.4.7 sparc64. It is quite ugly
because the Linux crowd's refusal to provide decent header files for
such things as the format of the syscall table. I got reactions like
"you don't want to do this" when I mentioned what I needed on the
kernel lists. That is one the reasons why the patch never made it into
the Arla distribution. I do not want to write code to determine
runtime if the pointers in the syscall table are 32 or 64-bit sized,
nor do I want to hardcode into the source that Linux on sparc64 has
this or that size of pointers(*) in its syscall table.

/afs/stacken.kth.se/ftp/pub/arla/random-patches/suse-sparc64-0.35.patch

I have

CONFIG_SPARC64=y
CONFIG_SPARC32_COMPAT=y
CONFIG_SUNOS_EMUL=y
CONFIG_SOLARIS_EMUL=m

in my .config. I think the last one exports the syscall table base
addr to modules.

Harald.

(*) 32-bit in this very case.