[OpenAFS-devel] appears that cvs trunk has a deadlock problem of some sort for linux24

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:14:57 -0600

It's been introduced since 2002/03/26. Only changes I see in the trunk
since then are the fake stat code, and the flush-dcache stuff.=20

Basically, running my "crash afsd" script (yes, it's useful enough that
I keep a script around for some testing), runs through for a while, and
then machine completely locks up. No panic msg, nothing. Only thing that
responds is A-SysRQ-SUB.=20

The script that I test with just does:

find /umr/s/openafs/ -follow -type f -print | xargs -P 8 -n 30 wc

Have not tried pulling out any of the dcache or fakestat changes to see
if reverting them helps. Will try and get more info soon unless someone
else spots problem first. (I assumed it was something with the
prototypes branch, but verified against build from the trunk.)

-- Nathan