[OpenAFS-devel] Testers needed for Prototypes cvs branch of openafs

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:56:16 -0500 (CDT)

> I'd greatly appreciate it if users could try compiling and testing this
> branch on as many different platforms as possible and reporting any new
> problems that they see with the compile process, or during runtime.

Platform: sun4x_58
Compiler: /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc

Stuff during ./configure:
  checking security/pam_modules.h usability... no
  checking security/pam_modules.h presence... yes
  configure: WARNING: security/pam_modules.h: present but cannot be
             compiled
  configure: WARNING: security/pam_modules.h: check for missing
             prerequisite headers?
  configure: WARNING: security/pam_modules.h: proceeding with the
             preprocessor's result
  checking for security/pam_modules.h... yes

It would be nice if the dependencies were correct such that "make libafs"
worked right off the bat.

During "make", LOTS of mesages similar to:

  "../afs/afs_server.c", line 718: warning: argument #1 is incompatible
	with prototype:
  prototype: pointer to struct timeval {long tv_sec, long tv_usec} :
	"../afs/../afs/../h/systm.h", line$
  argument : pointer to struct  {int tv_sec, int tv_usec}

In fact, I'd say about 1/3 of the files compiled resulted in about 5-10
sets of such warnings.

And then for the grand finale (with a vague attempt to format it
legibly... they need a option for 'make' to generate nicely formatted
72-character wide error messages):

  "../afs/afs_nfsdisp.c", line 840: warning: argument #6 is incompatible
  with prototype:
  prototype: pointer to struct cred {unsigned int cr_ref, int cr_uid, int
	cr_gid, int cr_ruid, int cr_rgid, int cr_suid, int cr_sgid,
	unsigned int cr_ngroups, array[1] of int cr_groups} :
	"../afs/afs_nfsdisp.c", line 663
  argument : pointer to char
  make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../afs/afs_nfsdisp_v3.c', needed by
	`afs_nfsdisp_v3.o'.  Stop.
  make[2]: Leaving directory
	`/afs/xauth.net/users/tclancy/src/openafs/src/libafs/MODLOAD64'
  make[1]: Leaving directory
	`/afs/xauth.net/users/tclancy/src/openafs/src/libafs'

If you really want, I can do a "make clean; make >& make.log" and post the
output somewhere.

[ t. charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]
coordinated science laboratory | university of illinois | crypto group