[OpenAFS-devel] Testers needed for Prototypes cvs branch of openafs

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:52:33 -0400 (EDT)

> Platform: sun4x_58
> Compiler: /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc
>
> Stuff during ./configure:
>   checking security/pam_modules.h usability... no
>   checking security/pam_modules.h presence... yes
>   configure: WARNING: security/pam_modules.h: present but cannot be
>              compiled
>   configure: WARNING: security/pam_modules.h: check for missing
>              prerequisite headers?
>   configure: WARNING: security/pam_modules.h: proceeding with the
>              preprocessor's result
>   checking for security/pam_modules.h... yes

No changes to this were made for prototyping; If it's broken now, it was
broken before.

> During "make", LOTS of mesages similar to:
>
>   "../afs/afs_server.c", line 718: warning: argument #1 is incompatible
> 	with prototype:
>   prototype: pointer to struct timeval {long tv_sec, long tv_usec} :
> 	"../afs/../afs/../h/systm.h", line$
>   argument : pointer to struct  {int tv_sec, int tv_usec}
>
> In fact, I'd say about 1/3 of the files compiled resulted in about 5-10
> sets of such warnings.

You didn't see any of this before because there were no prototypes at all.
It's not new brokenness, the fog has just raised so you can see it:-)

>   make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../afs/afs_nfsdisp_v3.c', needed by
> 	`afs_nfsdisp_v3.o'.  Stop.

This is at least somewhat interesting, but not really. It's the result of
trying to build the nfs translator version of the kernel module. There's a
translator I hacked together which might work, for Solaris only, but it
doesn't use the afs_nfsdisp_v3.c used before; One file (afs_nfsdisp.c)
covers nfsv2 and nfsv3. Also not really interesting for the prototype
work.

touch afs_nfsdisp_v3.o
touch libafs.o
and let the build continue. I'm not sure why you see this at all, but I
have an idea. The thing is, nothing should be trying to build libafs.o by
name.

-D