[OpenAFS-devel] pts examine

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:31:34 -0600

> Would someone believe that I'm so stupid to put into UserList=20
> usernames in
> a syntax of kerberos5 and NOT kerberos4? Thanks to Johan Danielson who
> pointed me to this problem.

From changelog:

        * src/auth/userok.c: DELTA
        afs-superuser-foreign-realm-checks-20010514 AUTHOR nneul@umr.edu
       =20
        This rewrite cleans up the code a bit, removes any athena =
specific
        references (not needed anymore in this version), and adds =
support
        for multi realm management of afs servers (you can now specify
        "admin@OTHERREALM" in your userlist).
       =20
        Code now checks as follows:
       =20
        tname tinst  - remote user info from conn tcell lcell - local =
cell
        lrealm - local realm (defaults to lcell if not avail)
       =20
        if no remote cell or instance         allow localauth if the =
cell
        of the remote connection matches local cell or local realm       =
=20
        if not tinst                 allow if tname in UserList         =
if
        tinst                 allow if tname.tinst in UserList if cell
        doesn't match local cell or realm         if not tinst           =
 =20
           allow if tname@cell in UserList                 allow if
        tname@CELL in UserList         if tinst                 allow if
        tname.tinst@cell in UserList                 allow if
        tname.tinst@CELL in UserList
       =20
        modified per openafs-devel discussion such that krb5 versions
        (/tinst rather than .tinst) code path disabled for now DELTA
        some-name-yyyymmdd AUTHOR contributor@some.site

Sounds like we just have the krb5 style syntax disabled at the moment... =
I don't remember the discussion, so I'm not sure why that is the case.

Seems to me that enabling the krb5 syntax is a step in the right =
direction.