[OpenAFS-devel] pts examine

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:15:28 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Neulinger, Nathan wrote:

> You can remove those ifdef's, but as I said, I don't remember the discussion. I originally wrote those in there cause I wanted to do just what you are doing locally. The code was committed, but the krb5 syntax support was disabled in the commit.
>
> I do not believe there would be any problem with enabling it, but others may have something to say here.

See my earlier comment: "/" is a legal character in krb4 and so while you
might be smart enough to not allow a user named "foo/admin" to be created
it's legal to do so; We never figured out how we were going to deal with
this scenario, and encouraging people to do something which might end up
conflicting with whatever we end up needing to do later seems unwise.