[OpenAFS-devel] cached data on disk

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
06 Dec 2002 10:12:48 -0500

Yes, the disk cache uses an LRU algorithm to decide when to throw data
out of the cache.  However, the cache size is not a hard limit.  It is
possible to actually over-flow your cache partition before the truncation
algorithm hits.  In that case, you may lose data or crash AFS.

For implementation details you can look at src/afs/afs_dcache.c -- I think
that's where the LRU code is.

-derek