[OpenAFS-devel] Changing RXDEADTIME... MUCH better failover for RO vols...

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:13:11 -0600

Further testing with the killall -STOP fileserver/volserver stuff. =
Changing RXDEADTIME to 10 seconds instead of 50 seconds made a huge =
improvement in the failover time. I'm not sure what negative effects =
this will have. It looks to take 2 * RXDEADTIME for it to detect server =
failure, but that's just from rough looking at it.

Anyone with history know the logic behind the current timing choices?

I'd prefer to adjust for just RO volume access, but that will involve a =
bit more than just a parameter change.

-- Nathan