[OpenAFS-devel] RX abort packets, and client sitting in "waiting for busy volume" state

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:38:34 -0600

Change has been committed to CVS to correct that problem.

> >If the error code is the 4-byte integer after the Service=20
> ID, then it is
> >0x0000006E, or 110. I didn't see any mention of that in the rx_packet
> >structure though.=20
>=20
> I think I figured that out from examining the code and/or the=20
> packet trace
> (because I knew there was an error code in there somewhere).

Yeah, looks to be in SendSpecial where the data is appended. For abort =
packets, the data is the abort code.

> I'm not sure what error code 110 on your system ... I think=20
> you're going
> to have to grovel through your system's sys/errno.h, figure out what
> that is, and what would make the fileserver ever return that.

It's linux on a 2.2.x kernel on redhat62:

infinity(50)>grep 110 /usr/include/asm/errno.h
#define ETIMEDOUT       110     /* Connection timed out */

I'm not sure why fileserver would return that, but I'll take a look.

-- Nathan