[OpenAFS-devel] Patch to add much more diagnostics to vos movewhen run with -verbose

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 22:36:28 -0600

Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Ted> While it may not be the perfect solution, the TWiki does
>     Ted> allow uploading/attaching files.  (I haven't tried this yet
>     Ted> though).  So that might be a reasonable place to lodge
>     Ted> patches that aren't going into the main branch for whatever
>     Ted> reason (like maybe they are Transarc AFS patches
>     Ted> (i.e. afs-contrib like stuff).
>
> Why can't patches like this go onto the mainline and just not get pulled to the release branch?

There may be some that people want to publish, but aren't appropriate
for the mainline either. MR-AFS is the one that always pops into mind...
It's not widely released, yet it's still actively used.

-- Nathan