[OpenAFS-devel] Error diagnosis - ReallyRead failure

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:26:12 +0100 (CET)

> Feb  8 12:46:43 afs8 fileserver[560]: ReallyRead(): read failed device 2
> inode 80C1CC0 errno 5
>
> Any way to determine what volume that's on? I completely cleared one
> file server to another, and the failure followed with the same exact
> inode number, device changed though.

I don't know what is going on eiher , but I _did_ post a very similar
question 2001-01-30 18:41. It is archived at
https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-devel/2002-January/002475.html

And yes, I am still curious if someone knows the answer to my question
The error handling could be improved in this case. As it is now, the
error message tells the admin incomplete or misleading information and
does that in the wrong way.

Harald.