[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenAFS CVS Commit: openafs/src/rxgen by shadow

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:23:46 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Neulinger, Nathan wrote:

> Sounds great to me! Standard prototypes or using _P()?
>
> Worst case scenario can hardwire _P() to blank when doing kernel
> compiles on affected systems.

If there are no systems which need _P() now there's not much point in
using it; We're not likely to port to old crufty systems, we already have
ports for all of them. The only port I can't check is HPUX 11.

> What about ANSI v. K&R on the routines themselves?

presumably ansi, if we can do it safely. K&R is dead.

> I'll definately dig in on this when you're ready to move on it, cause
> it's the type of cleanup/rework stuff I usually enjoy working on.

no time like the present. let's figure out what we're doing and do it.