[OpenAFS-devel] Aaargh! Incompatible includes.

Garance A Drosihn drosih@rpi.edu
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:45:04 -0500

At 12:46 PM -0600 2/13/02, Adam Thornton wrote:
>How hard would it be to make OpenAFS rely on the
>more-or-less-standard-by-now set of includes that OpenSSL and most
>(Linux, anyway) distributions provide?
>
>I ask, because I've been having the very devil of a time getting AFS to
>build on a SuSE 7.3 Pro system, or to get AFS to play nicely with Samba
>2.2.3 built with the --with-afs configuration option.

I have not tried Samba 2.2.3 yet, but the --with-afs option under
Samba 2.2.2 is basically pointless.  We run samba 2.2.2 on a linux
machine, and we did not include the --with-afs option.  The problem
is there were a lot of changes made to samba since the original AFS
support was added to samba, and most of the people doing that samba
work have no contact with AFS.  So, the AFS support has fallen apart
as the rest of samba gets improved.

Perhaps things have improved now that OpenAFS is available, and more
people might be running AFS/OpenAFS clients.