[OpenAFS-devel] "hardmount" semantics

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 18:46:38 -0500 (EST)

I was recently reminded of the hardmount behavior code which exists in
OpenAFS (see Phil Moore's message of Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:55:04) where he
notes:
--
set afs:hm_retry_RO=1
set afs:hm_retry_RW=1

The first two enable the hardmount functionality for RO and/or RW
volumes, and the 3rd is the number of seconds to sleep between
retries.

This is implemented ONLY for data in the local AFS cell.
[]
This works on the Solaris client, I know for a fact.  I beleive the
code is entirely generic, so setting those variables *should* turn
this on.
--

Would it be worthwhile to an an OpenAFS-specific pioctl (in OpenAFS
pioctl space, of course:-) to tweak these settings?