[OpenAFS-devel] [OpenAFS-devel]want to use openafs to get remote files back to local cache

Derek Atkins openafs-devel@openafs.org
05 Jan 2002 11:15:58 -0500

Any machine running an AFS Client can access any (non-firewalled) AFS
Servers in the world.  The client automatically caches any files
accessed (depending on the size of the local cache).  So it sounds
like you want to use AFS.  I'm not sure what kind of programming
interface you are looking for -- AFS is a File System and hooks into
the client Operating System's file system interface.

-derek