[OpenAFS-devel] Large File Support?

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:12:32 +0100

Yes, I have written the large file support on the client side last year
and it's already in the CVS. You need to define AFS_64BIT_CLIENT and
AFS_64BIT_ENV in the param.@sys.h file. Presently it works for rs_aix42
i386_linux24 and the 64-bit machines of sun4x_58.

Since we use MR-AFS servers our server side supports large files since >
2 years. But I think the server side is not that difficult as the client
side, so someone will do the port in the near future.

Derrick reports problems with fstrace and the large file support client
which I can reproduce. However my version which I grepped from the daily
snapshots on 2001-11-18 works fine, so some new patch must have broken
it.

Hartmut Reuter