[OpenAFS-devel] What does =split signify in the rx xdr definitions?

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:36:52 +0100

"split" is interpreted by rxgen to produce two client interface
routines:
StartRXAFS_StoreData and EndRXAFS_StoreData.

The whole RPC looks then like

StartRXAFS_StoreData();
rx_write();
rx_write();
EndRXAFS_StoreData();

That means the data of the file are transfered without additional
xdr-overhead just as a byte-stream.

Hartmut