[OpenAFS-devel] IP acls... GetCPS, etc...

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:05:42 -0600

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Neulinger, Nathan wrote:
>
> > I think I've brought this up before, but don't remember if I ever got it
> > completely straightened out.
> >
> > What is necessary to happen to get an IP acl to refresh? We tend to have a
> > LOT of problems when adding new IP acl's to directories, to where they never
> > seem to take effect.
>
> You're adding stuff to a PTS group and putting that on the ACL, as opposed
> to just "fs sa . 127.0.0.1 rl" right?

Both... In some cases I've put acl directly on dir, in others I've put
in group. Although the most recent case of failure to ever take effect
was putting it directly in acl on dir.

(On a side note - I wonder what exactly that above command would do...
:)