[OpenAFS-devel] how to debug kaserver? - problem solved

Petr Danecek danecek@ucl.cas.cz
19 Jul 2002 14:00:38 +0200

Hello,
the problem was in case-ness of the cellname: after changing
ARCHIV.UCL.CAS.CZ to archiv.ucl.cas.cz in CellServDB and ThisCell,
kas seems to work fine.
Petr

The original message was:

---------------------------------------

Hello,

I'd like to ask how can one debug in detail kaserver and other tools
comming with the openafs package?
My problem is that when trying to install the first OpenAFS server, I am
not able to add users afs and admin using the kas utility.
It keeps saying
        Creating user afs  : [u] no quorum elected, wait one second

I have searched the archives, read the documentation, even superficially
tried to look in the sources, but cannot find a clue.

I have checked the CellServDB and ThisCell configuration files and
checked that kaserver is running. Bellow I include the files and output
from udebug. The installation was builded from the source openafs-1.2.5.

Can anyone help me with diagnosis of this problem??

Thank you,
Petr Danecek

# cat /usr/local/etc/openafs/CellServDB
>ARCHIV.UCL.CAS.CZ #Cell name
147.231.80.125    #archiv

# cat /usr/local/etc/openafs/ThisCell
ARCHIV.UCL.CAS.CZ

# udebug -long archiv.ucl.cas.cz 7004
Host's addresses are: 147.231.80.125
Host's 147.231.80.125 time is Fri Jul 19 13:26:24 2002
Local time is Fri Jul 19 13:26:24 2002 (time differential 0 secs)
Last yes vote not cast yet
Local db version is 1.1
I am sync site forever (0 server)
Recovery state 0