[OpenAFS-devel] CopyOnWrite: any reports with 1.2.5?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:23:27 -0400 (EDT)

I'm still working on this. I had hopes of tracking it thanks to Bob
Hoffman, who has been letting me do testing on his server. I haven't seen
the problem since I put a new fileserver on his machine last week, which I
didn't make any changes other than extra debugging after you've already
lost, to.

It hasn't failed since. I realized yesterday that it's not 1.2.3-based; It
has 1.2.5, with the ihandle patch from Srikanth and the fidzap/dirbuffer
locking patches I did. I still find it difficult to believe the latter
fixed it, and Bob said already the former didn't. I'm still looking, but
if anyone has had a failure with 1.2.5 that would be very helpful
information.