[OpenAFS-devel] AFSDB in Openafs 1.2.5

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:45:11 +0200 (CEST)

>Hmm... I thought that for systems using nsswitch.conf, gethostby*()
>automatically did the whole parsing automatically.

Your favourite operating system can do this automatically for you in
the functions it provides. AFS has to provide its own lookup functions
for cell information. In arla these functions are collected in libko (*).

> One small issue is that it requires a config file parser for each
> platform that has its own way of specifying this ordering

Yes, that is annoying. Especially if we find that someone specified
nis (as in yp ;-)

Harald.

(*) The library is named "ko" as in
    http://www.slu.se/forskning/amne/bilder/ko.gif