[OpenAFS-devel] Re: openafs-1.2.6-rc2 global-lock-problems

chas williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:06:02 -0400

>i followed your recommendation and made
>'fstrace setset' on my test-smp-pc.
>After it i made 'fstrace dump' at begin of the problems with
>bonnie++  (afsdump_30.7) and shortly before AFS dies (afsdump_31.7).

its actually hard to read the trace unless you put a copy of afszcm.cat in
/usr/vice/etc/C/ so that the op codes get translated.

there is an opinion that your fileserver may be to blame for this
hang.  what version of the fileserver are you running?

[i am able to duplicate your problem, but its my fileserver that's
creating the trouble, not the client]