[OpenAFS-devel] AFS and UFS logging (fwd)

Nickolai Zeldovich kolya@MIT.EDU
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:06:17 -0400

> Does anyone know if this particular problem has been fixed inside of
> OpenAFS?  We are looking at using ufs logging, but will keep it off of the
> AFS cache location until it is know if this if fixed.

No, it's still present in OpenAFS at the moment.  Keeping a separate
cache partition is probably the best solution at the moment.  Note
that, to my understanding, the bug only occurs when your UFS cache
partition contains other things in addition to the cache.  If you
are running with a separate /usr/vice/cache partition, enabling
UFS logging on it should work (but I'm not sure what's the real
benefit..)

-- kolya