[OpenAFS-devel] zepa.net?

Nickolai Zeldovich kolya@MIT.EDU
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:52:27 -0400

Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@Stanford.EDU> writes:

> Does anyone know what the cell zepa.net is, or why OpenAFS 1.2.5 is
> constantly trying to reach it?  Our webservers are running OpenAFS 1.2.5
> with the -dynroot -afsdb flags, and have no users.

That's my home AFS cell; unfortunately it went down for the past week
while I was out of the country.  As Russ pointed out, the reason your
web server is accessing it is likely a mountpoint in someone's directory
(infact, I have such a mountpoint in my homedir).

> 2 of the web server machines have also crashed since being upgraded to
> OpenAFS 1.2.5, and these messages are the only noticably odd things I'm
> seeing in the logs.

I would also guess that this is unrelated.  In any case, I'd be curious
to see the crash dumps, or at least the stack traces from them (are you
running this on Solaris 9, by the way?)

-- kolya