[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris 8 hangs with 64 bit files

Derrick J Brashear Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org>
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:21:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Charles Clancy wrote:

> > There appears to be a bug in OpenAFS on 64 bit Solaris 8 systems which causes
> > the kernel to hang.  I have a test case which reproduces the problem.  You can
> > find the test case here: http://www.dementia.org/~md/testcase.tar.gz
> > I came across this problem while compiling openAFS on an Ultra/10 using
> > Sun's WorkShop 5.0 compiler.
>
> So, is it a problem with Sun's cc v5.0, or the more recent OpenAFS
> versions?

Yes. (a cc v5 bug tickles a bug in OpenAFS regardless of what compiled
OpenAFS, it appears)

What happens if you try the a.out that came with the test case instead of
trying your own? Remember, don't try on a machine you can't easily reboot.