[OpenAFS-devel] Re: AFS & IA-64?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:00:31 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Todd L Miller wrote:

> > you should. as far as i know no one has ever used gcc3 with success
>
> 	A gcc compile dies _immediately_ in config.c*, so I'm curious as
> to what the exact recommended version of gcc is.

2.96, but that recommendation may not apply to ia64; Chas Williams would
have to tell you what he used, because I've neither used nor seen an ia64
box, and I can't support what I can't use. the gcc3 doesn't work is a more
general rule, in that on no other linux architecture has gcc3 produced a
working kernel module that I know of.

-D