[OpenAFS-devel] reproducible afsd/libafs lockup

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 14:15:19 -0600

Nickolai Zeldovich wrote:

> > Ok. I narrowed it down. Attempting to make a symlink with target length
> > > 1024 will immediately cause client to lose contact with file server on
> > linux.
>
> Thanks for the analysis; I've checked in a patch to fix this problem
> (and a number of related ones, e.g. mkdir `perl -e 'print "A" x 257;'`)
> into CVS.

Cool.

Looks like it now runs without error through a fsstress test with -p 20
-n 100000.

Haven't run any fsx stuff for very long, but it looks to be handling it
without significant error as well.

-- Nathan