[OpenAFS-devel] Periodic volume move errors

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 16:47:31 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Nathan Neulinger wrote:

> I tend to get errors like this fairly often when doing alot of volume moves
> (although not all that much at once). Any suggestions on what might be
> a cause? Running with fileservers around june 2001, and current clients.

Check that one of the volservers didn't die during the move.
Look at the volserver logs in question, and see what they say.

This is clearly the result of a network-related failure or of one of
the volservers becoming nonresponsive.  Assuming you can rule out the
former, you need to find out which volserver became nonresponsive and why.