[OpenAFS-devel] project for something with free time, autoconf and/or ddns experience

Johan Ihren johani@autonomica.se
25 Mar 2002 15:07:33 +0100

Patrick Sodre <sodre@greed.sodre.cx> writes:

>   If by DDNS you mean DynDNS then read on... else ignore this message.
>   The only problem that I find with the "Slam-Dunk" part is finding a DDNS
> server that will accept AFSDB records. I speak from experience since all
> the "common" ones (dyndns.org et. al.) Does not let you setup specific
> records.

On the other hand it is not exactly difficult to setup a nameserver to
allow dynamic updates to a zone in a secure fasion and for this
purpose it seems likely (at least to me) that a dedicated zone is to
be preferred.

Regards,
Johan Ihren