[OpenAFS-devel] Get no token when su-ing with sudo

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
27 Mar 2002 09:57:06 -0500

It looks like sudo is calling AFS in such a way that when it asks for
the password it creates a new PAG (but does not refresh the token)
whereas when sudo does not ask for a password it skips the AFS module
and therefore does not create a new PAG.

You could verify this theory by calling "id" before and after you sudo
commands.  The first time, where you don't have tokens, I bet the
PAG-magic-groups will be different, but in the second case, where you
do still have tokens, I bet they are they same.

-derek