[OpenAFS-devel] openafs on HP-UX?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 8 May 2002 09:50:19 -0400 (EDT)

Again I speak only for myself, and not for any employer or organization
I'm involved with when I say:

> HP stands with Microsoft in the "doesn't play nicely with other
> filesystems" camp. Even Microsoft is probably more friendly than HP (I can
> as a random go to http://www.microsoft.com/DDK/IFSkit/order.asp and order
> what I need; It's just not entirely clear that having it is sufficient for
> me to build something I can then give you without you also needing to drop
> $1k on it).

And luckily they're going to try to make the Alpha hardware useless as
well:
http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/07may02b.htm

At least there's BSD and Linux support for Alpha hardware, so you can
excise the unhelpful people from your life without replacing any hardware.