[OpenAFS-devel] Case sensitive filenames on Windows

Carsten Jacobi carsten@ccac.rwth-aachen.de
Mon, 13 May 2002 17:56:30 +0200

Hi there!

We just have problems here accessing files in directories
that were created using different cases (upper/lower) in their
naming. For example, if we create the directories

test
TEST
TeSt

we'll see only the contents of one of these directories (from
Unix all three directories have different contents, from
Windows we see the same contents in all three directories).
Now, when we export AFS using a Samba-Server with case sensitive
shares the directories are handled correctly also from Windows.
I checked the OpenAFS source and found this:

src/WINNT/afsd/cm_vnodeops.c:664 (cm_LookupSearchProc())
        matchName = dep->name;
        if (sp->caseFold)
                match = cm_stricmp(matchName, sp->searchNamep);
        else
                match = strcmp(matchName, sp->searchNamep);

Is this related to finding filenames in AFS? Can the case sensitivity
on file names and/or directory names of the Windows-AFS client be
adjusted?
At the moment this problem is blocking us from using the AFS client
at our location. So, any help on this issue is welcome.
Regards ...

Carsten Jacobi