[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS Server and Windows 2000 and v3.5+

Adem Baba adembaba@excite.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 12:58:34 -0400 (EDT)

--EXCITEBOUNDARY_000__e7580fd197f224f08052b46d5522ddd7

 Hi,

OpenAFS client does work on Win2K, but took me ages
to find out that it *has to* have NetBios installed.
I have no idea why, but, it won't work without it.

When attempting to start OpenAFS server, I keep
getting an error message telling me '... AFS Server
requires at least version 3.5 of the AFS Client'
and refuses to go any further.

Clearly, this is a relic from Transarc stuff; there
is no OpenAFS client v3.5+ ...

Which brings us to another point: Is there a good
Samaritan who has compiled v1.2.4+ for Windows
platform?

I would love to do this; but when it comes to stuff
like using make files with VC + DDK, I am more than
challenged --crippled is perhaps, more descriptive.

Cheers,
Adem

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com