[OpenAFS-devel] supporting non /afs root in windows client

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:51:17 +0100 (CET)

> The bug is that
>  code = RegQueryValueEx(parmKey, "Mountroot", NULL, NULL,
>     cm_mountRoot, &cm_mountRootLen);
>
> will set cm_mountRootLen to be the length of the parameter including null in the
> end of the string (this is how regquery works).

I do not like the strlen(cm_mountRoot) when you actually get
cm_mountRootLen almost right from the call to RegQueryValueEx():

        code = RegQueryValueEx(parmKey, "Mountroot", NULL, NULL,
                                cm_mountRoot, &cm_mountRootLen);
	/* Compensate for cm_mountRootLen including trailing NULL */
	if (cm_mountRootLen > 0)
			       cm_mountRootLen--;

Harald.