[OpenAFS-devel] PAM auth multiple domains.

Sean O'Malley omalleys@eclipse.cl.msu.edu
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 12:56:03 -0500 (EST)

Ah! It sounds like the patch isn't installed in the OpenAFS
1.2.7 RPMS i used install. (I didnt try very hard but AFS didnt like the
new kernel.) And I didnt feel like screwing with recompiling AFS.

The problem is I was hoping to auth and set a token for two different
domains based on the requested service. For example: Netatalk would auth
and set a token for msu.edu and samba would set a token for test.msu.edu

When I do a klog I need to specify the domain like testuser@coresys in
order to get a token from the other domain. If I just use the standard
klog testuser it won't get the token for the coresys domain, it defaults
to whatever is in ThisCell which in this case is msu.edu domain.

[root@cc-pubafs-14 etc]# klog msuuser
Password:
[root@cc-pubafs-14 etc]# klog testuser
Password:
Unable to authenticate to AFS because user doesn't exist.
[root@cc-pubafs-14 etc]# klog testuser@coresys
Password:
[root@cc-pubafs-14 etc]# tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

User's (AFS ID 4) tokens for afs@coresys [Expires Nov  6 13:46]
User's (AFS ID 10) tokens for afs@msu.edu [Expires Nov  6 13:46]
   --End of list--
[root@cc-pubafs-14 etc]#

Sean

PS I had to dig around on the net to find this. I still havent seen any
man pages. I just saw a reference to it for something related to openafs
1.2.5 and assumed it got added when it didn't choke on the cell option.