[OpenAFS-devel] AFS server on Apple Xserve ... Getting desperate

Valerio Luccio valerio@cns.nyu.edu
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:45:47 -0400

Hi,
this is the third mailing list I'm sending the request to. Sorry if you
receive it more than once, but I need to find if anyone has an answer.

I'm installing OpenAFS on an Apple Xserve running OS X server10.2. The
client side works just fine (connects to the server I previously
installed on my RedHat box), but the server doesn't want to behave. The
problem is with the partitions: I've formatted a disk and manually
installed it on "/vicepa" (overriding the Apple default mount point),
but when I try "vos create ..." I get an answer "partition does not
exist". When I try "vos listp" I get an output that indicates that there
are no partitions available.

    ~: mount
    /dev/disk5 on /vicepa (local)

    ~: df /vicepa
    Filesystem  512-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
    /dev/disk5   233777984        8 222089088     0%    /vicepa

    ~: vos listp koura.cns.nyu.edu -l
    The partitions on the server are:

    Total: 0

Obviously the way that the OS X returns the partition list is not
compatible with OpenAFS.

Has anyone been able to run the server under OS X server ?

Thanks,

--
Valerio Luccio                  (212) 998-8736
Center For Neural Science       4 Washington Place, Room 935

        "In an open world, who needs windows or gates?"