[OpenAFS-devel] ext3 & growing the filesystem?

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
13 Oct 2002 17:01:21 -0500

ex2, ext3 and reiser are fine for vicepX/ on linux (and any other namei
based fileserver) - pretty much any unix file system in fact

ext2, ext2 are ok for cache partitions

reiserfs is _NOT_ ok for a cache partition on 2.4.x

Since file server is using regular unix filesystem access to get at the
files, it should not care about you resizing it.

-- Nathan