[OpenAFS-devel] The Xserve saga: happy conclusion (more or lesss)

Valerio Luccio valerio@cns.nyu.edu
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:54:39 -0400

> I haven't done this myself, but I've heard that you *can* use
> /etc/fstab instead. You need to change the NetInfo database so that it
> reads /etc/fstab instead of its own settings.

Yes, you are supposed to be able to, but I haven't figured out quite how
to do it (the docs are extremely confusing). I haven't quite figured out
if it's NetInfo that can be configured to read from /etc/fstab or
"lookupd" (the daemon) that can be configured to do so.

Also, I have to take back what I said before about striping: although
the initial phase seemed to work, it fails later. So my conclusion is
that the OpenAFS server used on software raided disks (at least, with
Apple's software RAID) either RAID 0 or RAID 1, does not work.

--
Valerio Luccio                  (212) 998-8736
Center For Neural Science       4 Washington Place, Room 935

        "In an open world, who needs windows or gates?"