[OpenAFS-devel] Apple Xserve ....

Valerio Luccio valerio@cns.nyu.edu
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:45:31 -0400

Still having lots of problems getting the AFS server to work on an Apple
Xserve.

More often than not, when I modify a file created on a volume (for
example if I try to delete it) mounted under root.cell, the volume and
the root.cell volume get corrupted (I get an "Cannot attach volume" when
I do an "vos listvol"). I've restarted the fileserver process with the
maximum debugs turned on and I notice the following lines in the FileLog:

    SAFS_RemoveFile <filename>, Did=<number>, Host <IP address>, Id 1
    DT: inode=202, name=<filename>, errno=17

I tracked the "DT:" line to the DeleteTarget function in
"afsfileprocs.c" right after the calls to IH_DEC and IH_RELEASE. The
error seems to be set by by IH_DEC.

If I read the source correctly, for Darwin this corresponds to a call to
"idec" (in afssyscalls.c"), which is actually a call to "syscall" with
the first parameter set to "71+1000". Am I correct so far ? If I am,
then I'm lost at this point. The only "syscall" source code I see is
assembler code which would seem to be defined only for AIX, SGI and for
something defined as "__hp9000s800" (whatever that is).

Does anyone have any idea ?

Thanks.

--
Valerio Luccio                  (212) 998-8736
Center For Neural Science       4 Washington Place, Room 935

        "In an open world, who needs windows or gates?"