[OpenAFS-devel] any way to get a volserver restarted without restarting file server

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:42:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Neulinger, Nathan wrote:

> Yep. If you kill it, bosserver does restart it, but it's never able to
> get itself going again.

Well, maybe on your machine, in some or all cases. I never have that
problem.

> It may actually be the file server that is
> dorked, but the volserver that's not responding.
>
> This _may_ be something similar to a patch sent in just recently talking
> about restores/releases and hanging the vol server.

Well, that wouldn't be "never". It would recover if you were patient.

-D