[OpenAFS-devel] Updated redhat workaround patch

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:08:25 -0400

--On Tuesday, October 22, 2002 09:36:40 -0400 Derek Atkins
<warlord@MIT.EDU> wrote:
> Why would Red Hat specifically care about OpenAFS?  In particular, why
> would they care about making it fail to work?

Perhaps because they want us to fix our "hideous" interfaces, and wanted us
to stop waiting for someone else to design the new ones and write the
necessary kernel bits?

Derrick tried to submit a patch that implimented "safe" syscall
registration modeled on nfsservctl, and got nothing but pushback about how
dispatching interfaces suck, and that instead afs should use an
"open/read/write/close" method. This wasn't from redhat, but it's an
indication of how the linux-kernel community views the openafs
implementation.