[OpenAFS-devel] Updated redhat workaround patch

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:24:01 -0400 (EDT)

On 22 Oct 2002, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Oh, he merged in that crap?  Damn.  It's a read-only,
> no-authentication, no-vlserver-lookup AFS client.  What's
> the point?

I would assume it's progressed since then. Wasn't there read-only UFS
before rw existed, and so on? I suppose no precedent when other options
existed, but there's precedent for that sort of thing.

There are circumstances under which the linux kernel AFS client could be
very interesting, but thus far nothing points at it. Drop me a private
email if you care, there's no point in beating this into the ground.