[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS kernel modules on Sun Solaris 8

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:40:36 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Frank Mikkelsen (QIS) wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have compiled OpenAFS version 1.2.7 on a Sun Solaris 8 machine using the following technique:
> cd <path-to-OpenAFS-1.2.7-src-dierctory>
> 1. ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-afs-sysname=sun4x_58 --enable-transarc-paths
> 2. <path-to-GNU-make-3.79.1>/make
> 3. <path-to-GNU-make-3.79.1>/make install
>
> When checking for the kernel modules that should be loaded at system boot I can only find the following two kernel modules:
> /usr/vice/etc/libafs.nonfs.o
> /usr/vice/etc/libafs64.nonfs.o
>
> The machine I compiled on was running the nfsd NFS server process at OpenAFS compile time, however no "NFS server" enabled OpenAFS kernel modules where created.
> I have tried to check the configure output carefully but I can't se any errors.

NFS server is not AFS/NFS translator. nonfs is "no NFS translator" e.g.
re-export authenticated AFS access via NFS.

Unless you need that, just use the nonfs module and all is well.