[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS kernel modules on Sun Solaris 8

Frank Mikkelsen (QIS) Frank.Mikkelsen@gis.ericsson.se
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:22:34 +0100

Hi!

I have compiled OpenAFS version 1.2.7 on a Sun Solaris 8 machine using =
the following technique:
cd <path-to-OpenAFS-1.2.7-src-dierctory>
1. ./configure --prefix=3D/opt/local --with-afs-sysname=3Dsun4x_58 =
--enable-transarc-paths
2. <path-to-GNU-make-3.79.1>/make
3. <path-to-GNU-make-3.79.1>/make install

When checking for the kernel modules that should be loaded at system =
boot I can only find the following two kernel modules:
/usr/vice/etc/libafs.nonfs.o
/usr/vice/etc/libafs64.nonfs.o

The machine I compiled on was running the nfsd NFS server process at =
OpenAFS compile time, however no "NFS server" enabled OpenAFS kernel =
modules where created.
I have tried to check the configure output carefully but I can't se any =
errors.

Looking at documentation at OpenAFS.org's website says that I should =
copy either a module named libafs.o for 32-bit kernel with NFS support, =
or libafs64.o for a 64-bit kernel with NFS support to the =
/kernel/fs/afs, but as mentioned earlier these kernel modules where not =
created when compiling.

Do someone know how to get the "NFS server" enabled OpenAFS kernel =
modules compiled on this combination of Sun Solaris and OpenAFS?

Med v=E4nlig h=E4lsning / Best regards

Frank Mikkelsen
UNIX/Linux Systems Consultant
Qbranch Malm=F6 AB