[OpenAFS-devel] Updated redhat workaround patch

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:48:42 -0500

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 04:27:36PM -0600, David Thompson wrote:
> Especially if there is no client-side caching, you might as well run a
> read-only samba and/or nfs server, and mount the data using those
> protocols.  You could even run the translator on the file server(s)
> themselves.

If you've already got a big AFS infrastructure, though, it's still nice.
It won't be *really* useful until it gets caching, though, I agree.

> I think it more matches the pattern of the linux kernel maintainers not
> wanting to use code that they don't directly control.

Or that they can't legally. Whichever.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>