[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS kernel modules on Sun Solaris 8

Frank Mikkelsen (QIS) Frank.Mikkelsen@gis.ericsson.se
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:44:22 +0100

> > When checking for the kernel modules that should be loaded
> at system boot I can only find the following two kernel modules:
> > /usr/vice/etc/libafs.nonfs.o
> > /usr/vice/etc/libafs64.nonfs.o
> >
> > The machine I compiled on was running the nfsd NFS server
> process at OpenAFS compile time, however no "NFS server"
> enabled OpenAFS kernel modules where created.
> > I have tried to check the configure output carefully but I
> can't se any errors.
>
> NFS server is not AFS/NFS translator. nonfs is "no NFS
> translator" e.g.
> re-export authenticated AFS access via NFS.
>
> Unless you need that, just use the nonfs module and all is well.

Hi Derrick!

At the moment I do not need the functionality of re-exporting AFS using NFS so I will use the nonfs kernel modules, but I'm still curious of why the modules that support re-exporting AFS with NFS weren't created.

Best regards

Frank Mikkelsen