[OpenAFS-devel] [Win32] smb_ReceiveTran2QFSInfo, disk free problem

Kevin Rowland krowland@nd.edu
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:14:32 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Chaskiel M Grundman wrote:
> --On Tuesday, September 03, 2002 10:56:44 -0500 Kevin Rowland
> <krowland@nd.edu> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone already (successfully) implemented a fix for displaying the
> > correct disk usage/free statistic when clicking on the properties of a
> > drive mapped into AFS?
> Why are you trying to do this? There really isn't a correct way to produce
> a single number that represents how much space is available in or below a
> path in AFS. Using the available space in the topmost volume will work in
> some cases, but  could cause huge problems to people who mount afs on one
> drive and do everything with paths. root.afs is almost always a default 5MB
> volume, and I've seen sites that actually reduced it to only a few hundred
> K.

Sorry... I meant quota. I'm not interested in "actual" free space. I would
just like to see the results of a 'fs lq' show up...

-- kevin

| Kevin Rowland                   Office of Information Technology |
| Sr. Systems Engineer            University of Notre Dame         |
| pgpKeyID: 0x83C89CCE                                             |
| fingerprint: 7750 F81A BBD9 8487 18DC  5312 154E FCBA 83C8 9CCE  |
| http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x83C89CCE     |