[OpenAFS-devel] [Win32] smb_ReceiveTran2QFSInfo, disk free problem

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 12:19:10 -0400

--On Tuesday, September 03, 2002 11:14:32 -0500 Kevin Rowland
<krowland@nd.edu> wrote:

> Sorry... I meant quota. I'm not interested in "actual" free space. I
> would  just like to see the results of a 'fs lq' show up..
And I'm saying you don't want that, or even if you do, other users will
not. Windows applications (mostly installers) will often use this
information to determine if a drive can be used to store files. Do you
really want them to think that a drive is is only this large?
sphinx ~ > fs lq /afs
Volume Name                   Quota      Used %Used   Partition
root.afs.readonly               250       157   63%         39%

If you want to see the quota information, use the shell extension (if afs
was installed properly, you should be able to right click on any
file/folder/drive that's in afs and get an "AFS" submenu with things like
this available).