[OpenAFS-devel] How can I compile sysname rs_aix43 into OpenAFS 1.2.7 ?

Michael Niksch nik@zurich.ibm.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:22:50 +0200

What changes does it take to compile AIX 4.3.3 binaries with sysname
rs_aix43 rather than rs_aix42 ?

With early versions of IBM AFS 3.6, I used to patch the afs.ext,
afs.ext.iauth, and sys binaries to use rs_aix43 as my sysname. Since
patch level 2.32, IBM AFS 3.6 has come with rs_aix43 already compiled
in.

I have tried to build

  src/config/Makefile.rs_aix43.in
  src/config/param.rs_aix43.h
  src/config/param.rs_aix43_usr.h

with some obvious modifications versus their rs_aix42 counterparts.
However, trying to compile, I get error messages because libodm.a,
libcfg.a, and also some include files aren't found. If I compile for
sysname rs_aix42, everything works fine (having applied some patches
posted here earlier, of course).

I can still patch the afs.ext, afs.ext.iauth, and sys binaries, but
that looks like an ugly hack. I know I can also use 'fs sysname', but
it would just be so much more convenient to come up with the proper
sysname right away.

--
Michael Niksch                     /Zurich/IBM @ IBMCH
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory     nik@zurich.ibm.com