[OpenAFS-devel] How can I compile sysname rs_aix43 into OpenAFS 1.2.7 ?

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 14:33:19 +0200

Michael Niksch wrote:
> What changes does it take to compile AIX 4.3.3 binaries with sysname
> rs_aix43 rather than rs_aix42 ?
>
> With early versions of IBM AFS 3.6, I used to patch the afs.ext,
> afs.ext.iauth, and sys binaries to use rs_aix43 as my sysname. Since
> patch level 2.32, IBM AFS 3.6 has come with rs_aix43 already compiled
> in.
>
> I have tried to build
>
>   src/config/Makefile.rs_aix43.in
>   src/config/param.rs_aix43.h
>   src/config/param.rs_aix43_usr.h

That's not enough: You need also to modify configure or better
src/cf/osconf.m4 and run regen.sh

Hartmut Reuter

> with some obvious modifications versus their rs_aix42 counterparts.
> However, trying to compile, I get error messages because libodm.a,
> libcfg.a, and also some include files aren't found. If I compile for
> sysname rs_aix42, everything works fine (having applied some patches
> posted here earlier, of course).
>
> I can still patch the afs.ext, afs.ext.iauth, and sys binaries, but
> that looks like an ugly hack. I know I can also use 'fs sysname', but
> it would just be so much more convenient to come up with the proper
> sysname right away.

Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)